The official name of the Organization is " World Homeopathy Awareness Organization"
WHAT IS WHAO?
WHAO is a non-profit, non-governmental organization. It is incorporated as a foundation
under the law of The Netherlands since the 21st of November 2008. (RSIN Number: 8201.33.978)
WHAO´s purposes are
- To create a worldwide network to promote homeopathy
- To co-ordinate an annual World Homeopathy Awareness Week
- To provide the infra-structure of WHAW to facilitate participation
- To share ideas and resources
- To provide promotional materials on homeopathy
- To facilitate public awareness avenues for participants
- To collect reliable research to back up our science pertinent to WHAW themes
- To support homeopathic organizations around the world
- Promoting homeopathy and informing the public about homeopathy through country representatives.
- Payment policy – Board members are working entirely on the voluntary basis.
- Organization’s goals – to promote homeopathy all around the world.
- Organizing an international World Homeopathy Awareness Week
- Creating & updating the website.
- Keeping in touch with representatives on a regular basis by means of digital newsletters
- Preparing promotional materials for the Homeopathy Awareness Week
How WHAO started World Homeopathy Awareness Organisation first took place in 2005 initiated by Dr. Gabrielle Traub, San Diego/ California.
While a national Homeopathy Awareness Week has already been taking place for a few years in some countries this was the first time that coordinated activities started all around the world.
VOLUNTEER AT WHAO- HOW TO GET INVOLVED The WHAO consists of many volunteers who promote WHAW throughout the year. We welcome more of you who are willing to do administrative tasks, those with internet and web experience, those with PR and marketing skills and more!
If you have an idea to spread homeopathy awareness, please let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you!!
WHAO Board Members
Asim Shaikh (Chair)
Deepak Sharma (V. Chair)
Jolande Velgersdijk (General Sec.)
Marc van der Grind (Treasurer)